Personally, I have really enjoyed my Grease Monkey Wipes. They are convenient, easy to carry and they really work. I have found that even if I am in close proximity to a sink and soap (which I rarely am), a Grease Monkey Wipe actually works better to remove grease and bike gunk from my hands. So, not only are they great on the trail, but also if you do any kind of wrenching or tinkering on your own bike.
Here's an example of how well they remove road gunk (I know that's what the black stuff was because I had just changed a tire on my road bike). They work just as well on grease!
Pre Grease Monkey Wipe
Post Grease Monkey Wipe
Best ways to use them:
- Keep in your saddle bag or hydration pack for post-emergency trailside maintenance
- Keep in your toolbox to use after tinkering with your bike
- Keep in your car in case you have to change a car tire
- Keep in your purse/backpack in case you need to clean your hands and don't have a bathroom or instant hand sanitizer around (I never do)
- Use them as a chain degreaser - it actually works!